miniZ supports Equihash <125,4>, <144,5>, <144,5s>, <150,5>, <192,7>,<210,9>, <96,5> and ProgPoW, KawPoW mining:
Although miniZ was not tested on all available GPUs, it is expected to run on all Kepler, Maxwell, Pascal, and Turing architectures. If experiencing any trouble with any of these GPUs, do leave your comment here for support.
miniZ Equihash 144,5, 192,7 and 144,5s require almost 2GB memory to work, but because Windows driver always uses a lot of GPU memory, the 2GB GPUs may run slower on Windows than on Linux.
Similarly, miniZ Equihash 125,4 requires 3GB memory to work. However, 125,4 runs slower on Windows than on Linux for 3GB GPUs.
Equihash 150,5 requires 3GB of memory. On Windows, 150,5 is not suported for <4GB GPUs.
Equihash 96,5 and 210,9 require 1GB memory to work.
The required memory for Ethereum is 6GB, and for Ethereum Classic is 3GB.
Raven requires 3GB of memory to work.
Zano works with 2GB memory. The required memory for Super Zero is 3GB. And in the case of Veil and VeriBlock the required memory is 6GB (on Windows may go up to 8GB).
Current miniZ versions (since v1.6x) are independent of cuda version.
You need a driver version relatively recent that supports your GPU. For example for Turing GPUs you’ll need 410.48 driver (or later, for Linux), or 411.31 driver (or later, Windows).
The following information driver/cuda is for older versions:
- NVIDIA 375.26 driver or later, for version compiled with cuda 8.0 (Linux).
- NVIDIA 376.51 driver or later, for version compiled with cuda 8.0 (Windows).
- NVIDIA 410.48 driver or later, for version compiled with cuda 10.0 (Linux).
- NVIDIA 411.31 driver or later, for version compiled with cuda 10.0 (Windows).
- NVIDIA 398.26 driver or later, for version compiled with cuda 9.2 (Windows). (From v1.0e to v1.0i++)
- NVIDIA 455.23 driver or later, for version compiled with cuda 11.1 (Linux).
- NVIDIA 456.38 driver or later, for version compiled with cuda 11.1 (Windows).
Reference: Table 1. CUDA Toolkit and Compatible Driver Versions
Operating Systems (x64)
- Linux distributions. Tested on Ubuntu: 16.04 LTS, 17.10, 18.04, ZhashOS R3, and Hive OS (see blog post for support).
- Windows. Tested on Windows 10.
Tested on the following pools:
- pool.raskul.com (BEAM)
If the pool you use is not listed above, leave your comment here and it will be added. Similarly, leave your comment if you are experiencing any trouble with connecting miniZ to any pool.
The following projects are known to work with miniZ:
- Hive OS
- Minerstat (msOS)
- Miniz Miner Home-Assistant Dashboard Using REST/JSON API Calls
- Hash Auger
- Awesome Miner
- Latest Miner App
- SimpleMiningOS (SMOS)
- Equihash: 2.0%.
- ProgPoW: 1%.
- Ethash: 0.75%
% of mining time.
You can also use
--donate option to donate more mining time to miniZ miner project.
--donate=[n], adds n% to 2% fee.
Thank you for your donation!